Menu

“Princess” Saved by Vodka

ifxjddqk_0u-mikhail-vasilyev

Ethylene Glycol is a dangerously sweet tasting toxin contained in antifreeze. Both cats and dogs are susceptible but cats particularly so. If not diagnosed and treated quickly, ingestion can lead to death within 36 hours. Alcohol, such as that contained in vodka, competes with the toxic metabolite thereby preventing it from causing irreversible kidney damage and death. Great job by the British veterinary team saving “Princess”!

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/03/31/Vodka-saves-British-cat-after-brake-fluid-poisoning/8091490987907/?utm_source=fp&utm_campaign=lh&utm_medium=10